Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Resolution post, duh.

Some people think that New Year's resolutions are silly, but I am taking mine super seriously this year. I have been looking forward to the mental clean slate that comes with a New Year for weeks, even though it really isn't any different than any other day. Wherever this motivation is coming from, I will take it. If you're taking the time to read this, I hope you will encourage me to keep on keepin' on because I have a long journey ahead. Okay, are you ready for the list? Here goes nothing:

1. Lose 70 pounds. Sev-en-teeeey. That is a lot. I am aiming for two pounds a week and hoping to hit my goal by fall. I am working on reigning in my polar attitude about food. Riley is officially a year old so I am not his only source of nutrition so it is time to 'diet'. What resolution list is complete without a weight loss goal?

2. Run a 5K. I want to run with my husband without sucking so much wind that he is afraid I am about to kick the bucket. Running with boobs hurts, in case you were wondering.

3. Finish my doula certification. I love the hands on training and experience I have received so far, but I really want to have it official. I want those letters behind my name. ;)

4. Sing karoke. I never have.

5. Read my Bible every day. I read plenty of ridiculous things every day. I will make more time for the Word.

6. Romance my husband more. I want to constantly be thinking of ways to show him how much I appreciate him and I want there to be no doubt in his mind how absolutely madly in love with him I am.

7. Play outside with Jackson and Riley every chance I get. Boys need to explore outside and it always seems to be 'too hot, too cold, too windy, too dark, too...outsidey' for us to go.

8. Say 'yes' more. I have been playing it safe for too long and I am ready to take every opportunity presented to me. I owe it to myself to be brave.

9. Blog twice a week. For my mental health, for my children to look back on, and for you nosey nellies who actually care what I have to say.

10. Watch Facebook less. Man, it is a time suck and a much worse habit than chewing my finger nails.

Okay, I am sure there are millions more things I can improve about myself and most of you would agree, but I think this is a start. What are your goals for the new year? Any advice you have to offer on ways to help me reach my goals is also welcome!

Happy New Year, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Love this. :) I need to steal your resolutions. They fit my mindset, but I never have the correct wording. :D Love you, girl! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete